To encourage a fully integrated Digital High Street, the BID proposes to provide a number of solutions and develop the right infrastructure to connect the high street with the online and mobile revolution. We will work with businesses to improve & enhance their digital offering and encompass the current trend of mobile promotion and to take control of the Love Wimbledon business community on Google.
The aim of the project is to manage a campaign through:
- the introduction of a state of the art mobile app
- use geo-fencing and push technology to provide users with locale specific information pertinent to their requirements from a business perspective along with interesting local and historic facts
- encourage pedestrians to explore ‘hidden’ aspects of the town centre thereby extending footfall to the quieter parts of the town centre
- deliver workshops and training to SMEs to encourage their adoption of the internet and mobile technology and their google listing as a marketing tool.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
Wimbledon’s ambition is to make its high street fit for purpose in the 21st Century to keep up with the demands of the modern consumer. As part of this wider ambition, Wimbledon will be developing strategies and projects to ensure that SMEs are:
- digitally capable by having an online digital presence
- fully accessible to consumers through digital media/ platforms
- utilising digital media to enhance the consumer experience
therefore increasing footfall into their stores and in the high street.
We want to lead the way on digital integration in town centres by building a critical mass of businesses that are engaged with these solutions.
To achieve this we will be co-hosting regular workshops with Merton Chamber of Commerce for businesses to attend to improve their understanding and adoption of existing online tools such as Google+, Google maps and other Google business tools. This in turn will raise their engagement with the app.
Steps to get it done:
Wimbledon Broadway & town centre is a beautiful high street waiting to be revealed, encountered & realised. So many of our visitors know the central area around the station, but within 5 minutes there are many smaller shops waiting to be discovered. Local small businesses will be able to compete with national chains on their promotions and events within the town centre as local listings will come to the fore with the free Google tools being fully utilised by a town centre area.
Merton Chamber of Commerce has developed The Wimbledon Way, a heritage walk from the town centre to the Tennis Championships. The next stage for this initiative is to encourage active participation through a smartphone, building local knowledge and giving fun facts about areas of the town centre. Our i-Street App allows for this physical presence on the street to be combined with digital technology to create a multi-lingual interactive experience for all generations encouraging further exploration of the town.
Post a Comment