Crowdfund North Somerset
Crowdfund North Somerset will support projects and ideas that clearly support the local economy, show innovation and enterprise to benefit North Somerset residents, communities and businesses.
Projects we're interested in funding
We're interested in innovative & enterprising projects that support the local economy and will achieve wider benefits for residents & businesses. These projects should help us to achieve key objectives & outcomes in the Council's Local Economic Plan & Corporate Plan..
The Corporate Plan, sets out the vision & ambitions for the area & has 3 broad outcomes ensuring for North Somerset residents: Prosperity & Opportunity; Health & Well-being; Quality Places.The Economic Plan sets out the ambition for a vibrant & successful place to live work & study with a distinct identity & quality of place that attracts & retains enterprise, investment, young people & visitors. The 5 key objectives are to:
- Create conditions for higher value local employment
- Grow & enhance competitiveness of our business base
- Foster a culture of enterprise, innovation & aspiration
- Enhance the areas skills profile
- Nurture & build on the areas distinctive identity.
The outcomes of our fund
We are looking for projects that can demonstrate to us how their project will help support the North Somerset local economy and can meet at least one of the following outcomes:
- Job creation
- Innovative & creative improvements to public realm/shared space.?
- Empty & under-utilised premises brought into use.
- Increasing use of new technology.
- Increased vitality of shared spaces & places in our towns & villages
- Improved local business confidence
- Increase in skills, training & volunteer opportunities
- Events, festivals and enhancements that will lead to an increase in visitor spending
- Increased footfall in our towns/villages
For more information see our fund factsheet here
Assessment and Scoring Criteria
We'll be assessing & scoring projects in a number of different ways & based upon the following:
1. Evidence of need for the project and how will the project address this?
2. Level of community & business engagement - is there good support for your project?
3. Expected impact of your project on the local area & local economy - who will benefit and how?
4. Are the costs clear, represent good value for money & written quotes provided for larger items?
5. The sustainability of the project following completion i.e. on-going maintenance, who is going to do it & how will it be paid for?
6. Project Management & delivery - a clear approach to delivering the project, timescales for delivery & responsible persons.
7. Ongoing sources of funding have been identified if vital to continuation of the project/activity
8. How the impact of the project will be measured and monitored.
9. Alignment to the North Somerset Corporate Plan & The Economic Plan