Our Hounslow Fund
Our Hounslow has a Fund of £50,000 available to support projects which improve the local community in the borough. The maximum pledge size is £5,000.
Projects we're interested in funding
No matter what the idea, however big or small, if it makes the borough of Hounslow a better place then we want to help you to make it happen!
Projects could be focused on physical improvements to your neighbourhood that leave a lasting legacy or they could be events or activities that last just for one day or one week, but which bring people together and help build community.
We are specifically looking for projects which have gained lots of support from the local community.
We want to hear about your ideas for improving the borough of Hounslow and, where possible, to help make them a reality.
The outcomes of our fund
We want to work in partnership with local residents to make the borough of Hounslow a place to be proud of and we believe that the Our Hounslow Fund will help deliver a range of benefits.
We’re particularly excited about projects that encourage participation from all of the community, especially among residents that have not been involved in community projects before.
The outcomes that we are looking for are broad and wide-ranging and we will be happy to support any projects that have the support of the local community, improve the area where people live and bring the community together.
The process - how do I get a pledge for my project
Through Our Hounslow you have the opportunity to ask friends, family and neighbours to back your project by pledging money to support it. If you can demonstrate that the local community is backing your project, you may also get a pledge of up to £5,000 from the council.
This is not a regular grants programme so we have included a brief overview of the process below:
- You create a project page on Spacehive outlining what your project is about - www.spacehive.com/create
- You are matched and can pitch to the Our Hounslow Fund.
- Your project is verified - your costs and permissions are checked.
- You start your campaign - begin by getting lots of small pledges from the community to show that there is genuine community need and that people support your project.
- When you are at around 10% of your target (and/or when you have a good number of backers from the community) the council will assess your project and the support of the community and decide whether or not to make a pledge to support your project to help you achieve your target amount.
- The amount of money the council will pledge will depend on the size of your project, the impact your project will have and the community buy in. The pledge will never exceed 50% of your target.