Essex Community Reuse Fund
Do you want to grow a sustainable Essex? Have you got a great reuse project in mind? If so, we can pledge up to £1000 to make your project a reality!
Projects we're interested in funding
We want to support local projects which:
- Inspire people and communities to be creative and sustainable with their waste
- Provide skills and opportunities to build an environmentally sustainable community
- Make use of recycled, reused or reclaimed materials from the household
- Reduce the amount of reusable household waste being thrown away
The outcomes of our fund
Essex Community Reuse Fund is about supporting local community projects which inspire people and communities to change their behaviour towards tired, broken or unwanted household items. We want to back local innovative ideas that promote reuse and recycling, ultimately preventing waste being thrown away in the home.
Are you eligible to access this fund?
- clearly show household waste will be stopped from entering landfill through reuse, recycling, donating, and repairing
- focus on reducing household waste (not waste originating from schools and businesses)
- prevent waste which focuses on one or more of the following materials: home and garden furniture, electricals, textiles, bric-a-brac, general household items, toys, metal and wood from going to landfill
- be based in one of the 12 Essex Districts or Boroughs (Basildon, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Colchester, Chelmsford, Epping Forest, Harlow, Maldon, Rochford, Tendring or Uttlesford)
We will not fund:
- projects where waste has been sourced from schools, businesses or commercial activities
- 'business as usual' activities (keeping things going that already exist)