Crowdfund Rochester Fund
Crowdfund Rochester is a new crowdfunding initiative for the residents and organisations in Rochester to help bring their local projects to life!
Projects we're interested in funding
Whether enhancing high streets, neighbourhoods, or parks, or simply running an event to bring people together; we want to help make it happen. Create your crowdfunding project and let’s make a difference together.
Crowdfund Rochester has a fund of £50,000 available to support crowdfunding projects in the city with a maximum pledge of £5,000 available per project.
The outcomes of our fund
Fun and creative projects which improve and transform Rochester.
Projects which have real buy in from the local community and make people feel like they are part of this new exciting phase for Rochester.
THE PROCESS - HOW DO I GET A PLEDGE?
Crowdfund Rochester gives you the opportunity to ask neighbours, friends, family and the local community to back your project with a pledge. If you can demonstrate community backing for your project through your campaign you might also receive a pledge of up to £5000 from this fund.
As this is not a regular grants programme, below is a brief overview of the process:
Creating your project
• Create a project page on Spacehive at www.spacehive.com/create outlining what your project is all
• Your project will be automatically matched to the Corwdfund Rochester Fund – you can then pitch to the fund
• Spacehive will then verify your project– check the costs and permissions
• Once all checks are completed you will be advised that your project is ready to start crowdfunding
Starting your crowdfunding campaign
• Begin by trying to get lots of small pledges from the community to demonstrate community need
and support for your idea
• Once you have achieved around 10% of your target (and / or a good number of backers from the community) we will assess your project, and the support from the community, and make a pledge to your project
• The amount we will pledge will depend on the size of the project and the impact it will have and the buy-in from the community.
Note: the Crowdfund Rochester will not be the first organisation to pledge as they want to see community support for your project.