Our Aldgate Fund
Supporting projects to bring people together in Aldgate and to make it a better place for everyone to live, work, study, worship, visit and play.
Projects we're interested in funding
From music festivals to art installations, guerrilla gardening to pop up markets, if you have an idea to make Aldgate even better, this is your opportunity to make your project idea happen. The City of London also have a £30k fund, with a maximum pledge of £5,000, available to support projects crowdfunding in Aldgate.
The outcomes of our fund
We are looking for projects which are:
- Unique, innovative and creative
- Improve the lives of the people who live or work in the Aldgate area, particularly the residents and workers of the City of London and its housing estates
- Provide interesting, cultural activities for residents, workers and visitors to do particularly at the weekend
- Enable more people to become involved in their community and bring people together
- Activities that promote community health and wellbeing
The process - How do i get involved?
As this is not a regular grants programme, below is a brief overview of the process:
Creating your project
- Create a project page on Spacehive at http://www.spacehive.com/create outlining what your project is all about
- This programme is only open to organisations that fall into one of the following categories:
• Registered charity
• Registered CIC
• Registered CIO
• Charitable company
• Constituted Voluntary Organisation
• Exempt or excepted Charity
- Your project will be automatically matched to the City of London Crowdfunding fund – so you can then pitch to that
- Spacehive will then verify your project– check the costs and permissions
- Once all checks are completed you will be advised when your project is ready to start crowdfunding
Starting your crowdfunding campaign
- Begin by trying to get lots of small pledges from the community to demonstrate community need and support from your idea
- Once you have achieved about 10% your target (and / or a good number of backers from the community) the Corporation will assess your project, and the support from the community, and decide whether or not to pledge to your project
- The amount the City of London will pledge will depend on the size of the project, how it delivers against their priorities, the impact it will have and the buy in from the community.
Note: the City of London Corporation will not be the first organisation to pledge as they want to see that there is community support for your project.