To pitch for funding through the Cheshire East Crowd, we will be looking for projects that:
- Are based in or will benefit the residents of Cheshire East
- That meet the intended objectives of the fund
- Are strengthening our social fabric and fostering a sense of local pride and belonging, through investment in activities that enhance physical, cultural and social ties and amenities. This includes: community infrastructure, local green space and community-led projects
- Are put forward by a constituted group / organisation (individuals are welcome to crowdfund on Spacehive, but are not eligible for this fund)
- Demonstrate a passion to make a difference within the local community
- Examples of projects include, but are not limited to: Capital grants for provision of net zero infrastructure for rural communities and to support rural tourism activity, for example: EV charging points and community energy schemes such as scaled up biomass, heat pumps or solar
- Capital grants for kitchens in community hubs which, may also be are capable of supporting food and drink entrepreneurs to get accreditation for food production.
- Resilience infrastructure and nature-based solutions that protect local businesses and community areas from natural hazards including flooding
We will be unable to pledge funds towards:
- Projects which promote a political party or are of a religious nature
- Any costs incurred in putting together an application for this fund
- Work associated with land or building projects where the ownership or lease is not in place
- Projects/initiatives that cannot demonstrate sustainability after the ideas stage
- Items that are purchased on behalf of another organisation.
- Work which has already taken place and been paid for.
1. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST/ ATTEND A WORKSHOP
Complete our Expression of Interest Form as soon as possible to inform us of your project idea and knowledge of crowdfunding. 2. PROJECT PAGE AND PITCH
Create your project page on Spacehive which will match you to the Cheshire East Crowd fund. 3. VERIFICATION
The project costs and necessary permissions will be checked by independent verifiers, Locality. This involves checking quotes for all the major items and if you have landowner permission for your project. 4. CROWDFUNDING
Run your crowdfunding campaign between dates specified to you by Spacehive and Cheshire East Council. Start by getting lots of small pledges from the community to show local support for your project. This will help unlock bigger pledges. 5. PLEDGE
The council will review all project campaigns and successful projects can expect to receive a pledge of up to 75% of your target. 6. HIT YOUR TARGET AND DELIVER YOUR PROJECT