This project will:
• Raise the profile of local businesses and events by helping them connect with and attract new visitors and customers
• Up-skill businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs to improve marketing, enhance collaboration and kick-start enterprise
Through Reprezent FM we will host a series of mobile broadcasts hosted by young presenters that promote businesses and events London-wide. In conjunction with this we will deliver media and enterprise workshops to facilitate business growth.
This project focuses on Copeland Park in Peckham which hosts a number of small businesses, creative freelancers and events. Due to its positioning it attracts less visual presence and footfall than the high street.
Consultation with local businesses and young people identified a need to raise the profile of services, activities and events to increase visitors and customers. Young people wanted new skills to kick-start enterprise ideas whilst businesses wanted improved marketing skills.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
This project is innovative and will deliver high impact. A popup radio and video platform will promote businesses and events through Reprezent FM to reach a London-wide audience of over 120,000. The popup will make use of different spaces becoming an attraction in its own right. Workshops will run alongside the popup to add value to businesses and young people involved, this will also provide content for the broadcast.
We have the support of 11 local businesses, 50 young people, Copeland Park owner, and Peckham Vision. This project adds value to Peckham by promoting what is happening in the area and feeding into local regeneration projects.
We have delivered many similar popup projects and have extensive experience in media, employment and enterprise training with a network of partners to add value.
On completion of this project we aim to attract further investment from larger companies to extend and add value to the project as a whole.
Steps to get it done:
This project will achieve the following outcomes:
• A London-wide audience of up to 120,000 people become more aware of cultural and business activities within Peckham
• 20 businesses access marketing opportunities that promote their services and products resulting in increased footfall and business activity to Copeland Park
• 15 businesses gain enterprise, marketing and media skills to help them become more effective at promoting themselves
• 20 young people (aged up to 24) gain enterprise skills helping them start their own business ventures
• 5 cultural activities and events gain greater recognition across London resulting in more visitors/customers
• Up to 30 local business and entrepreneurs are better connected and gain expertise from larger companies involved in this project
We will ensure we support and add value to existing initiatives and regeneration whilst attracting new partners to support this project as a permanent fixture in the area.
About the space
The area has studios, warehouses, offices and open spaces