Impact data and claims within this report are provided by the project creator and have not been independently verified by Spacehive.
We will deliver a series of enterprise and media workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs and local businesses, and host a popup radio and video broadcast that reaches a London-wide audience.
This project is preparing for fundraising. Click Like to show your support, or Follow for updates on this project's journey.
This project will:
• Raise the profile of local businesses and events by helping them connect with and attract new visitors and customers
• Up-skill businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs to improve marketing, enhance collaboration and kick-start enterprise
Through Reprezent FM we will host a series of mobile broadcasts hosted by young presenters that promote businesses and events London-wide. In conjunction with this we will deliver media and enterprise workshops to facilitate business growth.
This project focuses on Copeland Park in Peckham which hosts a number of small businesses, creative freelancers and events. Due to its positioning it attracts less visual presence and footfall than the high street.
Consultation with local businesses and young people identified a need to raise the profile of services, activities and events to increase visitors and customers. Young people wanted new skills to kick-start enterprise ideas whilst businesses wanted improved marketing skills.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
This project is innovative and will deliver high impact. A popup radio and video platform will promote businesses and events through Reprezent FM to reach a London-wide audience of over 120,000. The popup will make use of different spaces becoming an attraction in its own right. Workshops will run alongside the popup to add value to businesses and young people involved, this will also provide content for the broadcast.
We have the support of 11 local businesses, 50 young people, Copeland Park owner, and Peckham Vision. This project adds value to Peckham by promoting what is happening in the area and feeding into local regeneration projects.
We have delivered many similar popup projects and have extensive experience in media, employment and enterprise training with a network of partners to add value.
On completion of this project we aim to attract further investment from larger companies to extend and add value to the project as a whole.
Steps to get it done:
This project will achieve the following outcomes:
• A London-wide audience of up to 120,000 people become more aware of cultural and business activities within Peckham
• 20 businesses access marketing opportunities that promote their services and products resulting in increased footfall and business activity to Copeland Park
• 15 businesses gain enterprise, marketing and media skills to help them become more effective at promoting themselves
• 20 young people (aged up to 24) gain enterprise skills helping them start their own business ventures
• 5 cultural activities and events gain greater recognition across London resulting in more visitors/customers
• Up to 30 local business and entrepreneurs are better connected and gain expertise from larger companies involved in this project
We will ensure we support and add value to existing initiatives and regeneration whilst attracting new partners to support this project as a permanent fixture in the area.
Follow this project You are following this project for updates to your inbox
How will the money be spent?Total £
This shows how money raised for the project will be spent. Before entering fundraising these costs will be confirmed by the project's Delivery Manager and verified by the verifier.
Our Volunteer List
Want to help?
Do you have stuff or skills to contribute to this project? Use this tool to offer something to the project creator.Volunteer