The Essex Crowd gives you the opportunity to ask neighbours, friends, family and the local community to back your project with a pledge. If you can demonstrate community backing for your project through your campaign you might also receive a pledge of up to £5000 from this fund.
As this is not a regular grants programme, below is a brief overview of the process:
Creating your project
• Create a project page on Spacehive at www.spacehive.com/create outlining what your project is all about
• Your project will be automatically matched to the Local Connections Fund from Essex County Council – you can then pitch to the fund
• Spacehive will then verify your project– check the costs and permissions
• Once all checks are completed you will be advised that your project is ready to start crowdfunding
Starting your crowdfunding campaign
• Begin by trying to get lots of small pledges from the community to demonstrate community need and support for your idea
• Once you have achieved around 10% of your target (and / or a good number of backers from the community) the Council will assess your project, and the support from the community, and make their pledge to your project
• The amount the Council will pledge will depend on the size of the project, how it delivers against their priorities, the impact it will have and the buy in from the community.
Note: the Council will not be the first organisation to pledge as they want to see community support for your project.
We are keen that outcomes are linked to our priorities. For more information on the fund, including our priorities, see here.