About Our Vale

About Our Vale

Crowdfunding is a fantastic way to turn unique project ideas into reality and we want your help to transform shared spaces, inspire visitors and enhance Aylesbury Vale. We know many people have fantastic ideas to improve spaces and places around the Vale but they don’t always know where to turn to change their idea into reality. By partnering with Spacehive, AVDC are coordinating support from the crowd to connect and empower local communities and help you shape the Vale for the better. We have funding based on certain criteria available through the Our Vale fund, but through Our Vale we're also bringing together other funders and supporters who can pledge to your exciting projects as well. So, why not get creative, get innovative and get involved?! If you’ve got an idea or just want to support one then Our Vale could give your project the boost it needs to succeed.

Our Journey

All-inclusive Adventurous Equipment hit its fundraising target!1 week ago

Brilliant news, thanks everyone!

'The Next Step' Youth Homeless Project started fundraising!1 week ago
'The Next Step' Youth Homeless Project
'The Next Step' Youth Homeless Project joined Our Vale3 weeks ago

The Next Step' will provide homeless, vulnerable young people with accommodation for up to a year & a bespoke support package to help them transition to sustainable independent living. Whilst our current response to youth homelessness - Aylesbury Nightstop, is a successful solution to the initial homelessness crisis, it does not always solve the longer-term accommodation problem. In about 50% of cases, there is NO NEXT STEP for these young people & so they remain homeless. This is why it is vital we raise the last £31k needed to deliver this life-changing project for the young people of Aylesbury Vale. We have already received commitment from supporters to fund 87% of the project costs. We plan to raise the remaining 13% via grant funding, corporate sponsorship, fundraising events, & crowdfunding, which is where we need your help! Your pledges will provide: £10 = food & toiletries pack £25 = counselling session £100 = employment skills course £450 = room + full support for 1 week

New Play Equipment for Dagnall Rec
New Play Equipment for Dagnall Rec joined Our Vale3 weeks ago

We will be looking to purchase equipment which covers running, jumping, climbing, balance and sensory fields. We would like to replace what was there - large climbing frame, springers and so on and add a roundabout and slide, as well as more modern equipment if funds allow. We hope to provide a welcoming and safe area for the benefit of the community, where children and villagers can interact and play together, encouraging outside exercise and community cohesion. Currently the Recreation ground has only a basketball hoop and a set of very old swings. The nearest other play equipment is over 3 miles away and we have no public transport to speak of in the village.

All-inclusive Adventurous Equipment started fundraising!1 month ago
All-inclusive Adventurous Equipment
All-inclusive Adventurous Equipment joined Our Vale1 month ago

We are in the process of replacing & improving our ropes courses, to include one of the only wheelchair accessible high ropes courses in the area, with specially designed obstacles that are suitable for inclusive usage. We need to purchase vital equipment in order to be able to offer our activities to people of all abilities. We have seen an increase in usage over the past two years but there is room for growth! Prior to its replacement the total number of participants per year using our low ropes courses was 2,215 of which 175 had at least one physical or mental impairment. We would hope the number of participants, in future years, would rise to 2,600 of which 260 would have at least one physical or mental impairment. We work closely with lots of other charities and schools to make sure that we are reaching out to vulnerable groups of people. One local charity, PACE, have highlighted the need for a hoist as they have a number of children who have been unable to previously attend.

1 month ago
16 October 2018

The £50,000 Our Vale Fund is now live and open for applications! We're looking to support all sorts of projects which aim to make the Vale a better place to live, work and visit, but we're especially interested in projects which support one or more of the following:

  • The arts and culture.
  • Homelessness support.
  • Community regeneration.

The deadline for the first funding period is Monday 10 December so make sure you get your application in by then! Check out the Our Vale Fund page for more details. 

1 projects joined Our Vale5 months ago
Our Vale launched!7 months ago