Tell us the changes that you think will make the borough a better place. From allotments and street murals to festivals and community cafes – if you have an idea to improve where you live, create a crowdfunding project page and be part of the Doncaster Movement. Through the Doncaster Movement you'll have the opportunity to ask friends, family and neighbours to back your project with a pledge. If the community supports your project, you may also get a pledge of up to £5,000 from the council, helping your bright idea to become a bright new reality.
We want projects that help make people feel happy and valued, and the more people that feel that way the better. We don’t expect you to reach all our 300,000 residents, we just want you to make a start in your area. We want projects that benefit the borough and its people and are worth the
investment, not just in terms of money but in time and effort. If thinking about the idea puts a smile on your face, and if you think it will make a positive difference, then you’re probably onto something!
This is not a regular grants programme so we have included a brief overview of the process below:
- You create a project page on Spacehive outlining what your project is about - www.spacehive.com/create
- You are matched and can pitch to the Doncaster Movement fund
- Your project is verified - your costs and permissions are checked.
- You start your campaign - begin by getting lots of small pledges from the community to show community need and support.
- When you are at around 10% of your target (and/or when you have a good number of backers from the community) the Council will assess your project and the support of the community and decide whether or not to pledge to your projects.
- The amount of money the council will pledge will depend on the size of your project, the impact your project will have and the community buy in. The pledge will never exceed 50% of your target.
Cash: Up to £5,000 pledged directly to your project on Spacehive.
Skills: GLL Qualified Instructors & Coaches, staff time, specialist expertise to help you develop or deliver your project idea.
Stuff: Use of our facilities, free activities (Swimming, Gym e.t.c), monthly membership discounts, Internal training places.