We know that local communities and businesses have some of the best ideas as to what will work and bring benefit to their local area. Crowdfunding is a great way to make these vital connections, help ensure these ideas become a reality and get people behind your project to secure that vital funding to make it happen.
We would really like to see projects that:
• Help the local economy
• Give local people lasting skills and opportunities to help them find employment or volunteering opportunities.
• Provide support for local businesses
• Respond to a local challenge or opportunity in a creative way.
• Improve the streetscape and public realm in an innovative and creative way.
• Will improve local trading conditions for fellow businesses.
• Use technology in an exciting way.
• Increase footfall in our towns and villages
• Fulfil a defined need and known demand
• Encourage businesses, community organisations, social enterprise, town and parish councils to work together
• Encourage local purchasing and sourcing
• Provides ongoing benefits and sustainable beyond receipt of the grant
• Give an unused or under- utilised space a new lease of life
• Celebrate and strengthen the special character of the area
These projects might include: creative/enterprise work hubs, creative use of public space, art installations, shop front improvements, bring a disused building back into use, 'pop up' activities, markets and festivals, food focused events and activities;skills and training activities and support for young entrepreneurs.