We're here to support local projects that make Hammersmith & Fulham a great place to live!
2 x External 3d wall friezes 122cm x 80cm ( 4' x 31.5") Cast in epoxy resin with a stone filler To attach to river wall on Upper Mall W6 opposite William Morris Museum & No.26. To tell the story of the Thames river journey from Kelmscott House, Hammersmith to Kelmscott Manor, Lechlade, Oxford. Undertaken by William, Jane, May & Jenny Morris. Elizabeth Mcleod, William de Morgan, Richard Grosvenor & Cormell Price. In a 'Salter's Bros' houseboat called the 'Ark', built in Oxford and a 'Biffen' row boat built in Hammersmith Lower Mall.Rowed & Towed by various parties as well as the company. Departing 10th August, arriving 16th August 1880.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
The aim of the project is: -to celebrate & promote the historical cultural contributions of residents to the borough. -to inform visitors of this history & continuing inspiration -to tell this little known story -to promote the Thames river & its creative inspiration -to improve the visual impact of the river wall -to encourage visitors to the area and its river walks
Steps to get it done:
The story and the frieze has been developed & discovered through research & collaboration. The hope is that we will be able to continue these with interested parties to finalize the creation & installation.
Post a Comment