Ealing Skatepark has been a huge success and attracts hundreds of people of all ages.
In busy periods it is difficult for beginners and experienced users to share the space, so we intend to build a dedicated beginners area with small obstacles that can be enjoyed by younger and less experienced skateboarders, rollerbladers and BMXers.
This area will also be useful in the delivery of beginners courses run on a free-of-charge basis by Ealing Skatepark Association.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
Ealing Skatepark has been a huge success, attracting users from all across the Borough and surrounding areas.
A dedicated beginners area will allow even more people to become involved and provide a section of the skatepark that can be used for lessons without affecting other skatepark users.
Ealing Skatepark Association (ESA) has succeeded in building a community around the skatepark - organising events, providing courses, overseeing repairs and maintenance, and ensuring that the skatepark stays safe and clean.
Steps to get it done:
Great things have already happened at Ealing Skatepark and BMX track.
2012 highlights include:
* Over 100 girls and women attended a series of groundbreaking free skateboarding courses
* Funding by 'Active Ealing' allowed ESA to deliver free skateboarding courses for 14-25 year-olds
* Over 1000 'likes' on ESA's facebook page
* ESA promoted and hosted a spectacular promotional event at Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre
* A free 'End of Summer Jam' at Ealing Skatepark attracted many hundreds of people who enjoyed live bands, competitions, food & drink stalls and giveaways
* The borough's first in-school skateboarding course was successfully delivered at Brentside School
* Through communication with users and the council, we kept the skatepark free from graffiti
* Adidas and Fanta chose Ealing Skatepark as a location for filming
* A BMX track was built adjacent to the skatepark
We are now looking forward to improving the facilities for the benefit of all users and the wider community.
Post a Comment