We aim to create a centre of excellence for local food and drink within Leeds Kirkgate Market - a unique retail experience, a platform for sharing skills and knowledge, and a hub for training and education.
To create a focus for 'great local food and drink' in Kirkgate Market in the heart of Leeds.
To create a retail framework of locally produces food and drink, where the public can buy Yorkshire's best. This will create an attraction at the lower end of the market, and a much needed showcase for local food and drink in Leeds. This would include rpoduce from all over Yorkshire, as well as that produced by City College.
We would look to develop a brand of fresh, chilled ready meals and soups in association with City College under a 'Kirkgate Market' brand which would be created from seasonal produce in the market. This would be available in the store as well as to take away
We would work closely with Market Delivered to add our products and produce to his delivery operation.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
This multipurpose space would use an existing empty unit to bring together different parts of the city including developer Hammerson to support young people into employment by selling produce manufactured by Leeds City College and local traders. The space would also bring together schools for educational tours and local traders and business for skills exchanges and training. At present, there is not a space in the City to provide this.
Steps to get it done:
In our first year, we would -
- To engage 100 Leeds Young People in work experience, training, employment or enterprise through the Source 2 each year
- Provide 500 school students with a development activity each year
- Provide 10 students with work experience in the Source each week (Leeds City College)
- To engage at least 10 market traders each month
- To create 5 start up business each year
- Support 15 start up business with space at the Source per year
- Organise 2 skills sharing event per week with attendance of students, market traders and start up’s
- To ensure a monthly revenue of £16,883 from sales each month by month 8
- To support the new development with the recruitment of local people through construction and the end users phase
Post a Comment