CSC All Ages has the following objectives:
1. Increase the quality and use of community spaces
2. Increase participant’s feelings that they can make a difference in their local community
3. Develop a better understanding of the local environment and sustainable development
4. Engage participants that have never volunteered before and increase the number of return volunteers
5. Develop a network of Social Action Champions with the skills and resources to sustain and replicate Community Space Challenges
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
The CSC All Ages programme will make a lasting difference:
o By helping people of all ages to understand and have a greater role in their local environment and their communities
o By helping to build community cohesion and engaging different generations in positive activities
o By inspiring and encouraging people to give what they have, be it time, money, assets, knowledge or specific skills
o By helping to reduce anti-social behaviour and crime
o By offering new educational and employment opportunities for the people involved
o By increasing local people’s skills, confidence, resilience and sense of agency
o By making the community safer and greener
Steps to get it done:
Catch22's Community Space Challenge (CSC), which is funded by the Big Lottery Fund (BIG) has been awarded a new grant from the Office for Civil Society to manage an ‘All Ages’ volunteering programme.
The new grant of £897,940 from the Office for Civil Society (Social Action Fund) will fund an ‘All Ages’ CSC volunteering programme providing 2,700 new volunteer opportunities for adults to work jointly with young people.
The programme has had notable success, significantly outstripping its delivery targets. To date, over 10,400 young people have given over 103,000 hours volunteering to improve neglected spaces for the benefit of the community. Local communities have responded positively to CSC with an increasing number of adults interested in giving their time, money or resources to local initiatives. CSC All Ages builds on the success of CSC and seeks to incorporate volunteers from all generations.
About the space
This is where we administer the programme from!