Impact data and claims within this report are provided by the project creator and have not been independently verified by Spacehive.
StreetPin brings the local community ‘pin board’ into the digital age, empowering high streets to create a network of independent web sites, resulting in a viable alternative to online shopping.
This project is preparing for fundraising. Click Like to show your support, or Follow for updates on this project's journey.
StreetPin aims to prove that High Streets can be so much more than the sum of their parts by helping create a thriving hub of location-relevant, digital pin boards, each with news, chats, events & exclusive deals.
Each retailer or organisation in the High Street already has their own community of likeminded visitors and customers e.g. the regulars at the cafe, gym and convenience store. StreetPin enables every one of these venues to create an affordable, easy way to make the most of these relationships in our digital world.
Visitors can seamlessly and unobtrusively be part of one or all High Street communities, for a minute or a lifetime. They'll also find unique, instant offers from the market and the pop up alongside the supermarket.
Uniquely, StreetPin then aggregates discussions and offers from all of these 'location-and-theme-specific' sites in a
Town Pin Board, where shoppers and visitors can participate in live conversations and discover deals only available on the High Street.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
• We combat ‘the Amazon effect’ where home shopping has contributed to 14% vacancy rates in High Streets
• Proving the concept of a mutually beneficial town environment
• Providing simple, effective social media for each venue, to break down barriers and encourage interaction between communities
• Aggregate data to make each pin board into a relevant, local hub – including news and existing social media
• Connect pin boards to form a network of instant, interactive communities - accessible on web, tablets and mobile
• With the onset of leaflet-fatigue, we help local businesses generate awareness for those here & now – Local knows Local
• Point-and-click deal creation – bringing mobile marketing to the masses
• We use the power of online sales tools such as Groupon and Pay-Per-Click for High Street retailers. Imagine if a sports shop advertised their latest trainer on the local running club pin board for just £1p/w. This would blow PPC and deals sites out of the water, wouldn't it?
Steps to get it done:
• Please see our video application on http://youtu.be/XIbaeK9KItw
• STA Travel paid for our initial app-based prototypes and beta back-end, with a view to creating a global network of travel-related hubs
• We won a TSB innovation voucher to engage a market research company, providing extensive research and support for our concept
• We were on the 2012 Accelerator Academy business incubator
• There has been c.£15k of pre-launch expenses covered by the team
• Once launched, StreetPin will be self-sufficient
• We are focusing efforts in Croydon as we have been well supported locally and with the forthcoming Westfield/Hammerson rebuild of the town’s shopping centres, we aim to provide the tool to minimise disruption and promote surrounding businesses
• “Great to see an Orpington tech start-up knit the community together like this – I congratulate Tim for coming up with such an ingenious idea and urge local businesses to help build up this exciting online marketplace” Jo Johnson MP
Follow this project You are following this project for updates to your inbox
How will the money be spent?Total £19,354
This shows how money raised for the project will be spent. Before entering fundraising these costs will be confirmed by the project's Delivery Manager and verified by the verifier.
Our Volunteer List
Want to help?
Do you have stuff or skills to contribute to this project? Use this tool to offer something to the project creator.Volunteer