SE5 Forum’s overall vision for Camberwell is a vibrant, creative and economically sustainable centre for Camberwell. The SE5 Forum sees a BID as a potential catalyst to achieve this.
It is our belief that in order to see the potential for closer cooperation and the potential of a BID, local businesses will need to see tangible benefits of the feasibility project and closer cooperation with each other and the wider community. Therefore integral to our proposal is funding for a number of events and activities that will deliver additional footfall and sales for local businesses. SE5 Forum understands both the need for businesses to feed into this process but also to propose a range of activities to inspire businesses.
We have already raised fund to run a feasibility study and engage with local business. We are seeking further funding to run a range of pilot projects to showcase what a BID could deliver and build on successful existing local events and projects.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
A BID could be established out of the feasibility study through a series of steps agreed by the steering group, including demonstration projects, a wider consultation to draft a BID Proposal, campaign and ballot. A BID would provide sustainable funding for an agreed period of time, allowing the private sector to work with partners to deliver a variety of projects aimed at improving the business and wider environment. It would do this by:
• Attracting additional public and private sector funding.
• Allowing self-management and self-funding
• Developing partnership between the private public and third sector agencies including community groups.
• Harnessing private sector management drive and skills
• Being clear and transparent and accountable
• Give business a strong, coherent local voice
Steps to get it done:
1. BID Scoping Exercise – gathering together the data required to inform decisions on the options in respect of the geographical and operational extent.
2. BID feasibility Exercise – Detailed Business Survey of >100 businesses around the centre of Camberwell, analysis of the data and its representation in power-point form. Identifying the top issues for trading in the centre.
3. Pilots – we proposing a series of pilot events in partnership with Camberwell Arts and Camberwell Free Film Festival
4. Visioning Symposium Event a public, collective critique of the findings from the scoping and feasibility phase. An opportunity to build consensus around program. Output: An event with a recording of the proceedings.
About the space
Camberwell high streets, shopping centres and public spaces
Post a Comment