We need to raise funds so we can buy building materials and hire an artist to enable this project to come to fruition. We are hoping that this project will be an inspiration for beach goers to pick up pieces of rubbish from the beach and bin them and to take their own rubbish home to recycle.
What we'll deliver:
- Artwork to represent rubbish found
- Making something beautiful out of something horrible
- Bringing community together to make the artwork
- Inspire people to pick up and recycle - make their own artwork from findings?
Why it's a great idea:
People will be able to see what is picked up on a regular basis either washed in by the sea or left by beach goers. By encouraging people to pick up rubbish will instill a greater commitment to keeping the area clean
Steps to get it done:
- Somewhere to store rubbish collected
- Site of artwork agreed
- Artist commissioned