Facilities are outdated and not fit for purpose at the moment. Development of a community space and redesign of the existing facilities will enable progression of the charity to develop a training academy, community cafe, community rooms to engage with the community, help those furthest away from the labor market acquire skills and training, reduce social isolation in the elderly, provide positive activities for children and young people in holidays and after school and also become a hub for other cvs services to deliver important and needed services.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
Sunderland is within the top 10% of areas of deprivation within England, East End (Hendon) Ward is within the top 1% of Sunderland, so as you can see we live and work in an area in desperate need of support.
In 2011 all the wards of England were appraised under seven subject matters of deprivation, Income, Employment, Education, barriers to Housing and Services, Crime and Living Environment. In all but the Living Environment, our ward was shown as one of the most deprived areas.
We believe we are a needed service due to the following:- % %
England Our Ward
• National Average for people with long term illnesses 17.9 34.4
• People of working age with limiting long term illness 13.3 31.8
• Individual’s health in a poor state 9.0 21.6
• People in full time employment 40.8 18.5
• People in part time employment 11.8 11.2
• Approximately 65% residents are living alone
• Approximately 34% of the local residents have no qualifications
Steps to get it done:
About the space
Post a Comment