Information Collected from Spacehive Users
The Site is designed so that it will be clear to you when we are collecting Personal Information. For example:
- When you create a secure personal Account on Spacehive for the purpose of listing a Project, we may ask, among other things, for your name, email address, postal address, phone number (where you agree to provide it) and password.
- When you donate funds to a Project, we may collect details of your postcode. This Personal Information will not be shared with third parties or displayed on the Site in a way that will allow others to identify you or your precise location.
- Information such as your credit or debit card details (including card type, card number and expiry date) or bank account details and your billing address are collected by our payment partners, Paypal or GoCardless. Neither Spacehive nor its Project Promoters or Project Delivery Managers receive Funders’ billing or payment details. PayPal and GoCardless will only use your payment details for the purpose of processing pledges from Funders.
- If you sign up to Spacehive through Facebook, Spacehive will receive the following information from Facebook: your public profile, friend list, email address and current city (or any information listed on the Facebook login window hosted by the Site at the time of registration).
- You may decline to provide us with your Personal Information, but this may prevent you from using certain services.
Email Alerts, User Access and Choice
- When you sign up to follow a Hive or Project or pledge money to a Project, you consent to Spacehive, the Project Promoter and Project Delivery Manager (as applicable) sending you relevant updates by email.
- When you sign up to follow a Hive or Project, you may receive news of rewards, gifts or opportunities from Spacehive and its partners.
- You may opt out of receiving some updates and newsletters by configuring your message settings in www.spacehive.com/MyAccount.
Sharing your Personal Information
From time to time, Spacehive may share your Personal Information with other key members of the Spacehive community. For example:
- certain Projects may be sponsored or supported by third parties who offer rewards, gifts or opportunities to Funders; Spacehive will provide the contact details of eligible Funders to the relevant third parties so that they can be contacted;
- PDMs will receive the email addresses and details of the relevant pledge of their Funders if their Project is successfully funded to enable them to provide Project updates; and
- Project Promoters receive the email addresses of Funders and Hive followers and details of the relevant pledge of Funders to enable them to provide Project updates.
- We may provide Personal Information to companies that provide services to help with our business activities (for example, to website hosts, some of which may be outside the European Union, including the United States). These companies are authorised to use Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are obliged to keep our users’ Personal Information confidential.
- If Spacehive is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information will be shared with the relevant co-party.
- Spacehive reserves the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by Applicable Law and when we believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with Applicable Law.
- You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you (and we may charge a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by Applicable Law). Such requests should be addressed to Spacehive’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.